Taking about traditional medicine and its history you are bound to name a few names. Among these is a traditional medicinal system practiced for more than five thousand years in India, Ayurveda. It is also taken as a lifestyle, the name already says it all. The practices are mostly exercises, relaxation, and the use of herbal medicines to better life.
The whole idea revolves around the principle of seeing the body and mind as one. This means it will get a better physique combined with improved mental health. It goes over saying that exercises and meditations work in treating some diseases.
Is it safe though?
Being a traditional system may tick some people and lead them into believing that since it is not supported by science, it is not safe. To those people, I want to clarify once and for all. This could go both ways. If you are promoting a good healthy figure and lifestyle, integrating along with Ayurveda is not a terrible move. Yoga and other meditation exercises will go well with building a healthy manner.
The problem is when the use of herbal medicines is involved. Some of them have even been found to have metals inside them. This resulted in detrimental effects on the users. Others had allergic reactions and side effects. Combining them with modern medicine is like riding a suicide train. These cases are also reported out of India and are even banned in some countries like Canada and the USA.
Now what kind of practices has been in this old medicinal traditional system? The answer is only a few searches away. These therapies are:
· Diet: as mentioned above, Ayurveda would target the body and one of the ways of building one is controlling the dietary changes. This has been an effective way of controlling one’s health and physique alongside exercising. Ayurveda comes of aid in this field.
· Mantras: these are done through sounds chanted by a certain someone. Its purpose is meditation by chanting or repeating calming or meditating sounds. Since it has been proven effective, if you want to focus your mind and calm it, sound mantras are something to try out.
· Yoga: a meditation exercise that is practiced all over the world. It comes with many benefits that allude to people but bring out the desired. Loss of weight, stress, and anxiety relief, and improve the overall health. Lowering cholesterol, improved breathing, and lowered blood sugar levels are also in the package.
· Massage and acupuncture: one of the practices in Ayurveda is relaxation of the body and mind. Acupuncture and massages are the best methods to do that. Seems like they have discovered this a while ago and the experience along the way pays off.
Ayurveda and Helpful tips
· The herbal medicines go well with complementary medicines and can be found and be bought with no prescriptions. This does not mean all are safe. Some can have their side effects and the constituents can be detrimental. This is a warning that you should consult your doctor or health care, provider.
· Herbal medicine is where the concept revolves around. You should know that they can have a side effect as the conventional ones and should be treated well. Don’t assume that using herbal medicines is always a safe move.
· Most are practiced by non-medicinal people and those that gave you could be a relative or family. Since you can not identify its ingredients, not taking them would be a safe move.
· Ayurvedic medicines purchased online have a good chance of having potent substances and lead to serious harm. Metals and other toxic substances could be among those. So, if you purchased them over the internet, make sure to request a list of ingredients and check with your doctor.